On March 24, Dubai closed its airport, suspending all international flights. Now, on 7 July, the city reopened its borders, welcoming tourists and visitors from around the world. The emirate gave a warm welcome to tourists and residents, by giving them a special sticker on their passports.
On that note, here are 26 Countries That Have Opened & Are Opening Up For Tourism Again Rather Cautiously.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) July 5, 2020
The sticker read ‘A warm welcome to your second home.’ The initiative was an effort to make tourists feel at home in the emirate. The immigration authorities have also put in place high safety standards at all Dubai airports.
Guidelines For Visitors & Tourists
1. Passengers must do a PCR test four days ahead of departure date. They must provide proof of the test and the report for testing negative upon arrival. In case they don’t, a re-test will be conducted upon arrival. Tourists who provide a Covid-19 negative certificate issued from their departed country, can skip quarantine or isolation. The test must be taken no longer be 96 hours.
2. Travellers must have a valid health insurance to enter the country
3. They must fill the ‘Health Declaration Form’ before embarking
4. Download the Covid-19 DXB app and register details. This is important as it helps coordinate with travellers in case they exhibit Covid symptoms.
5. Airlines can refuse to board passengers who exhibit covid-like symptoms
6. All travellers must undergo thermal screenings at the airport
7. In case the traveller exhibits Covid-like symptoms, DXB will conduct a re-test to rule it out
8. Covid-positive tourists must isolate themselves at an institutional facility provided by the government for 14 days at their own expense
In addition, UAE announced New Travel Rules For British Tourists Visiting Dubai.
Dubai Hotels Welcome Foreign Visitors
After four months of remaining closed to tourists, hotels in Dubai voiced optimism as the city welcomed its first set of tourists on 7 July. Industry experts reveal a significant increase in reservations, ever since Dubai announced its reopening. Experts also revealed that hotels received bookings from Russian and European travellers right through to September, despite the seasonal high temperatures. The quick turn around in situation is also credited to UAE’s efficiency in curbing the spread of the virus.
The tourism sector in Dubai accounted for more than 11% of its GDP in 2019, with the emirate attracting close to 17 million visitors. However, the UAE has not yet announced the reopening of its borders to foreign visitors on a federal level. UAE suspended commercial passenger flights in March. However, regular outbound flights for citizens and residents was resumed in June. Meanwhile here are 6 Strange Travel Rules From Around The World You Must Know.
Precautions Taken By Dubai Hotels To Welcome Tourists
1. All rooms, facilities and air-conditioning will be sterilized frequently.
2. Additional sanitization will be done in corridors and lobbies.
3. Social distancing will be the new mantra for all visitors.
4. Beach-goers were required to maintain a distance of two metres between one another
5. Only hotel guests are allowed to access the private beach property.
6. Tables are arranged 2-meters apart and take away and contactless payment will be encouraged.