Are you a UAE citizen who has a visa from another Emirate but intends to travel into Abu Dhabi International Airport? You might be asking if it’s feasible, and if so, which approval you’ll need? The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICA) or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRAFA) (GDRFA)? As per Etihad Airways, the criteria for unvaccinated and vaccinated UAE citizens travelling into Abu Dhabi are as follows.
If you are a UAE citizen arriving at Abu Dhabi Airport, you must register with the ICA Smart Travel Service. It requires registration before flying from your departure location.
Travelling To Abu Dhabi Airport? Here’s Everything You Need To Know
According to Etihad Airways, before booking your journey to Abu Dhabi, here’s a checklist of requirements:
- To get a QR code or an SMS for travel, register with the ICA Smart Travel Service. For travel to Abu Dhabi, the QR code and SMS is a must. You need to show it to the authorities.
- 48 hours before your flight to Abu Dhabi, have a COVID-19 PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test.
- You’ll need the UAE Al Hosn app when you arrive, so download it now.
What are the travel documents? Do I need to provide a vaccination certificate? Find out
— Gulf News (@gulf_news) January 17, 2022
What Is The Process Of Registration With ICA Smart Travel Services?
The ICA Travel Smart Service is an online platform that registers visitors and verifies their immunisation certificates. To gain clearance from ICA, both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers must complete this form. Got vaccinated outside of the UAE? You must register five days before your departure.
In Abu Dhabi, What Are The COVID-19 Testing And Quarantine Rules?
All travellers arriving at Abu Dhabi International Airport must provide proof of a negative PCR test performed within 48 hours of their flight’s departure time. Children under the age of 12 do not require testing.
If You’re From A Nation On The Green List
- After luggage collection at Abu Dhabi airport, the passenger has to undergo a PCR test.
- You won’t have to quarantine.
- On Day 6, you’ll get another PCR test. Non-vaccinated has to undergo another test on day 9.
If You Belong To A Non-Green Nation
- After luggage collection at Abu Dhabi airport, you have to undergo a PCR test.
- Vaccinated passengers won’t require quarantine. If not vaccinated, you’ll have to go through a 10-day quarantine.
- Vaccinated patients have to undergo two PCR tests. First on Day 4 and the other on Day 8. On Day 9, The unvaccinated need to undergo a test on day 9 (with the passengers required to complete a 10-day quarantine).