In India’s National Capital Region (NCR), the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) runs the RapidX, often referred to as the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), a semi-high-speed regional rail system. It aims to create a dedicated rail transit network between Delhi and the other NCR cities. The 17-kilometre segment of RapidX will soon start operation and here are things about it!
India’s 1st Rapid Rail, RapidX To Be Flagged Off Soon!
This train mark the first train in the country to be operated by women pilots. pic.twitter.com/GdvKxyDSQq
— Oxomiya Jiyori 🇮🇳 (@SouleFacts) October 12, 2023
The Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi-Meerut RRTS), which is now under development and will connect Delhi, Ghaziabad, and Meerut, is an 82.15 km long, semi-high-speed rail track. This is one of the three rapid rail corridors that the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has planned for the RapidX project’s Phase I.
Rapid train to run in India soon ,
Hon’ble Prime Minister @narendramodi will inaugurate the 17 km .corridor in #Ghaziabad next week ,
This train name is #RAPIDX ,@officialncrtc is going to make this train service fully available on the #Delhi_Ghaziabad_Meerut section by 2025. pic.twitter.com/A2ZC8VhuSA
— Venkatesh (@VenkateshOffi) October 12, 2023
This month will see the start of operations for a 17-kilometre segment of RapidX, India’s first regional train service. Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, and the Duhai Depot are the five stops on the route. This portion is a part of the RRTS Project for the Delhi-Meerut region. Trains operating on the RRTS are predicted to have a top speed of 160 kmph. Along with the priority stretch, a 42-kilometre viaduct between Sahibabad and Meerut South Station has also been finished.
5 Things About The Rapid Transit
.@officialncrtc has prioritised the needs & comfort of commuters and ensured universal accessibility at its stations. Stations across the #RRTS corridor have large lifts and #RAPIDX trains have designated space for wheelchairs/stretchers. #RegionalConnectivity #CommuterCentricity pic.twitter.com/ptObgIw7MS
— Urban Transport (@ut_MoHUA) October 10, 2023
These are the new things about RapidX:
1. The RapidX trains will have six coaches, four of which are normal, one of which is premium with reclining seats and additional footroom, and one of which is designated for women only.
2. The locomotives will include pilot cabins on both ends, 407 seats, and enough for 1,061 standing passengers.
3. The coaches will have 2X2 seating with overhead luggage racks, on-board Wi-Fi, charging ports at every seat, a public address and display system, a dynamic route map display, a specific area for wheelchairs, and an emergency alarm system that enables passengers to speak with the driver over the intercom.
4. It will be a historic moment for the nation as this will be the first train driven by women drivers.
5. The holy Navratri festival, which honours “Shakti” (women), is when the inauguration will take place.
So, get ready for India’s first Rapid Rail!
Cover Image Courtesy: BhikuMhatre/ X
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.