Have you ever taken a helicopter ride before? If not, you can now enjoy the thrill and fascination of flying in a helicopter while exploring the natural beauty of Northeastern parts of India from a bird’s eye view. The Manipur Heli Service is introducing exciting helicopter facilities between Manipur and Mizoram. This incredible journey is operating between Churachandpur in Manipur and Mualpui Helipad in Mizoram.
Here’s All About This All-New Helicopter Services In The Northeast India:
- The much-awaited launch of helicopter services between these two states in India is starting on September 27, 2023, according to a report by India Today NE.
- Manipur Transport Department stated that this initiative comes under the Government of India’s Helicopter Service scheme for the Northeastern states. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs is also supporting this new initiative.
- The first ride of the helicopter services is starting from Manipur’s Imphal International Airport.
- From the above-mentioned airport, it is heading to the Maulpui helipad in the southern area of Aizwal in Mizoram, according to a report by North East Live.
- The take-off of the first helicopter ride from the Imphal International Airport in Manipur is dependent on the weather.
How Will This Help People?
The launch of helicopter services between Manipur and Mizoram is expected to be a major help in enhancing transportation and travel connections. It can be predicted that helicopter operations are going to help people travel between these places faster and also experience a smooth journey. On top of all the improved facilities, the excitement of being inside a helicopter is always the topmost.
Prices Of Tickets For This Journey:
- Each ticket from Churachandpur to Mualpui Helipad costs ₹4,500.
- Each ticket for the return journey from Mualpui to Lamka via the Lengpui Airport in Mizoram costs ₹6,000.
The decision to complete the journey via Lengpui airport has been taken for refuelling purposes.
Interested people can book tickets from Churachandpur, the Imphal International Airport, and the Mualpui Helipad.
Have you ever flown to someplace on a helicopter? If not, this is surely the best time to book your tickets and enjoy the journey.
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva
Image for representation