Here’s How Much An Average Person Spends On The Internet In India

by Shreya Ghosh
Here’s How Much An Average Person Spends On The Internet In India

The Internet is now an integral part of our daily lives today. From knowing anything and everything all around the world to shopping to getting entertained to professional work, one needs an Internet connection for that. Nothing in life seems to run without a connection. And using the Internet comes with a charge. The users need to pay an amount to access the Internet and use it for their required purposes.

Internet’s Demand & Users Is Increasing Rapidly!

According to a report on the Data Portal, about 62.5% of people across the globe use the Internet. This percentage stands for approximately 4.95 billion people. With new technology, advancement, and an increase in population, the percentage of Internet users is growing fast, and currently, it is increasing by 4% annually. Surprisingly, more than 5 lakh new users are starting to use the network every day. Most users use the medium for various purposes, especially social media. All around the world, about 58.4% of the world’s population, that is about 4.62 billion people are on different social media platforms. And almost 1.1 million users are joining the social media platforms every day.

Also read: Scotland Becomes The First Country To Provide Period Products Free Of Cost

How Much Does An Average Person Spend On The Internet In India?

The Internet plays a huge role in everyone’s lives all around the globe and even after such growth and demand, the difference in prices in internet packages still exists. Taking January 2022 into consideration, the total population in India was about 1.40 billion. Among these massive numbers, 64.1% of Indian citizens live in rural areas and villages, and the rest 35.9% are from urban areas. In the first month of 2022, about 658 million users used the network. To get access to Internet services, they paid $9.66 on average every month. This is approximately ₹771.29 in Indian rupees.

Also read: FIFA World Cup: Demand Of Private Jets To Doha Increase And Here’s How Much It Costs 

The price differences between internet tariffs in different corners of the world are still there and the differences are dependent on a lot of factors such as how the users are using the network, the population of the country, and the advancement of the country.

As per Nokia’s annual ‘Mobile Broadband Index (MBiT) Report 2022, India is one of the highest data usage countries globally. Also, the country witnessed tremendous growth in mobile broadband subscribers in the past 5 years. It grew from 345 million to 765 million.