Are you travelling abroad for work or education purposes? Your vaccination certificate on CoWin has to be linked with your passport. The same rule applies to athletes, sportspersons, and staff of the Indian contingent attending the International Olympic Games be conducted in Tokyo. Usually, the gap between two doses of Covishield is around 12-16 weeks that is a minimum of 84 days. But for these special cases of international travel, the government has reduced the gap to 28 days. Here’s how to link your vaccination certificate to your passport.
Steps To Link Vaccination Certificate To Your Passport
- To update your passport number on your vaccination certificate, here’s what you need to do:
- Log into the CoWin website using your mobile phone number and select ‘raise an issue.’
- Now select the passport option under ‘raise an issue’.
- Then select the person from the dropdown menu and enter the passport number.
- Hit submit and you will receive the new vaccine certificate within seconds.
CoWin certificates to be linked to passport of students, athletes, people with jobs abroad. Read new SOPs herehttps://t.co/hBQkyG1By4
— Mint (@livemint) June 7, 2021
Conditions For Priority Vaccinations
The governments of states and union territories have assigned an accountable authority in every district for granting approval of the second dose of Covishield. The authority shall check the following before approving the administration of the second dose before the period of 84 days.
- Whether a period of 28 days has elapsed after the date of the first dose
- Genuineness of the purpose of travel based on documents related to work or study. They will check whether a person is already studying at a foreign educational institution and has to return to that institution for continuing their education. They will also look at interview calls for a job or offer letters for taking up employment. Need To Travel Abroad For Education Or Employment? Centre Has Issued These New Rules
Centre issues SOPs for vaccination of persons undertaking international travel for educational purposes, or employment opportunities, or as part of India’s contingent for Tokyo Olympic games
Read here: https://t.co/SYcUy5cgdG
— PIB India (@PIB_India) June 7, 2021
According to a TOI report, the rules include only the Covishield vaccine and there is no mention of any other vaccine-like Covaxin now. The Centre has directed all states and Union Territories to facilitate this rule for travellers meeting any of these criteria. Earlier, a gap of 84 days was needed between 2 doses of Covishield. The new rule will cut this gap down to 28 days If you’re travelling abroad for work, education, or for the Tokyo Olympics as a participant, then you can be eligible to get the second dose of Covid vaccine sooner.