COVID-19 Test Reports On CoWIN Platform To Help With International Travel ; Here’s How

by Tania Tarafdar
COVID-19 Test Reports On CoWIN Platform To Help With International Travel ; Here’s How

Are you travelling abroad for work or education purposes? Your vaccination certificate on CoWin has to be linked with your passport. The same rule applies to athletes, sportspersons, and staff of the Indian contingent attending the International Olympic Games be conducted in Tokyo. Usually, the gap between two doses of Covishield is around 12-16 weeks that is a minimum of 84 days. But for these special cases of international travel, the government has reduced the gap to 28 days. Here’s how to link your vaccination certificate to your passport. RT-PCR test for Covid is mandatory in many countries when travelling abroad. So, your Covid test reports uploaded on the CoWIN app can help with your international travel. 

Also read: Delhi’s Popular Zaika Restaurant Gives Discount To Vaccinated Customers To Boost Vaccination Drive

Steps To Link Vaccination Certificate To Your Passport

  1. To update your passport number on your vaccination certificate, here’s what you need to do: 
  2. Log into the CoWin website using your mobile phone number and select ‘raise an issue.’
  3. Now select the passport option under ‘raise an issue’. 
  4. Then select the person from the dropdown menu and enter the passport number. 
  5. Hit submit and you will receive the new vaccine certificate within seconds. 

Also read: Want To Travel Abroad Again? Study Warns You To Watch Out For Superbugs

Conditions For Priority Vaccinations

The governments of states and union territories have assigned an accountable authority in every district for granting approval of the second dose of Covishield. The authority shall check the following before approving the administration of the second dose before the period of 84 days.

  • Whether a period of 28 days has elapsed after the date of the first dose
  • Genuineness of the purpose of travel based on documents related to work or study. They will check whether a person is already studying at a foreign educational institution and has to return to that institution for continuing their education. They will also look at interview calls for a job or offer letters for taking up employment. Need To Travel Abroad For Education Or Employment? Centre Has Issued These New Rules

According to a TOI report, the rules include only the Covishield vaccine and there is no mention of any other vaccine-like Covaxin now. The Centre has directed all states and Union Territories to facilitate this rule for travellers meeting any of these criteria. Earlier, a gap of 84 days was needed between 2 doses of Covishield. The new rule will cut this gap down to 28 days If you’re travelling abroad for work, education, or for the Tokyo Olympics as a participant, then you can be eligible to get the second dose of Covid vaccine sooner.