We are all aware of how the process of getting a US visa is so tiring and tedious. With the uncertainty of getting an appointment and waiting for months for the slots, we are sick of the procedure and try to find out ways and methods to expedite the process of getting a US visa. Every country has its specific set of rules and requirements and it is also similar to the United States. Here’s a detailed guide of the formailities for you to fast-track your US Visa as soon as possible.
The Emergency Criteria To Consider For Expediting An US Visa Appointment
If any visa applicant needs to reach the US for any of the reasons mentioned below, then there are chances that the Embassy and the Consulate fast-track the appointments subject to the availability at the Embassy.
- The applicant needs to be present in a U.S. court.
- It is urgent for the applicant to get emergency medical care.
- The same thing also works if the applicant needs to be with their relative for any emergency medical instances.
- The applicant has to attend the funeral of someone from the family.
Follow These Steps For A Smooth Process
If you don’t have any of these emergency criteria, but you still want to fast-track the process, here’s the guide for you.
- The first and the foremost step will be assembling all the necessary information required to apply and proceed through the procedure of getting the visa. Start the process by deciding whether you want an immigrant visa or a non-immigrant visa.
- Follow it up with paying the fee; it is non-refundable. The visa fee is a mandate and is not dependent on whether the visa is issued or not.
- After completing the payment, work for scheduling 2 appointments. The first appointment has to be at the Embassy or the Consulate. On the other hand, the second appointment is at the Visa Application Center.
- Carry your visa application fee receipt number, passport number, and10 digit barcode number of the DS-160 confirmation page to the appointment at the Embassy.
- For the next appointment at VAC, carry your US passport, confirmation proof for DS 160, confirmation proof, and photographs.
- The next step is to go for the visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate. Carry your passports, the DS-160 confirmation page that was stamped at the VAC during the second appointment, a hard copy of the appointment confirmation letter, and the supporting documents.
Follow these steps for the early appointment:
- Create an account/ login into your ustraveldocs account.
- Click on ‘provide feedback’.
- Then write a letter mentioning fast-tracking the date.
- Make sure to include the original form I-20 or DS-2019.
- Keep a track of the available dates every time. People often cancel the appointment at times and you can utilise that opportunity.
The procedure is very tiresome ut following proper tips & tricks at the correct moments, you can fast-track the process of getting the visa.