Travelling to a new country is a memorable and exciting experience that everyone who has been struck by wanderlust will understand. While it is a fun-filled affair, procuring all the documents and getting your visas in order is certainly something you may not like. The hassle of constantly visiting immigration offices is pretty tiring. This is where passport strength comes into play, as there are certain countries that do not require you to seek a visa. And in the last 10 years, the UAE passport power has seen tremendous growth amongst other countries, putting it on the top.
Growth In UAE Passport Power
As mentioned above, the United Arab Emirates passport strength has grown tremendously in the last 10 years. This was observed by an immigration research site, as reported by Gulf news. Globalresidenceindex.com, investment migration experts, conducted research on passport strengths in the last decade. After thorough research, the UAE came on top of the list! According to the report, the UAE passport had visa-free access to 72 countries, which increased to 178 in 2023. This means an additional list of 106 countries was added!
A Glance At Other Country’s Growth
Besides UAE several other countries saw a massive improvement in their passport strengths. These include:
- Colombo, a South American nation that had visa-free access to 63 countries in 2013 increased to 133 in 2023.
- Ukraine had access to 77 countries in 2013 and now it is at 144.
- Moldova, the poorest country in Europe, had access to just 59 countries, which increased to 120 and 2023.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a Southern Caribbean nation with pretty beaches and it now stands at visa-free access to 151 countries.
- Dominica stood at 87 in 2013, which has now increased to 144.
- Granada expanded its visa-free access from 88 to 145 destinations.
- Peru, a South American country, witnessed a rise from 80 to 136 countries in 2023
- Georgia rose from 60 countries to 115 countries in the last 10 years,
- St. Lucia saw an increase in visa-free travel to 146 countries in 2023.
Advantages Of A Strong Passport
Holding a powerful passport is important, as it eases travel restrictions and makes exploring new destinations a lot easier. Not to mention, it holds great economic and social benefits for the citizens! Did you know presently Japan has the world’s strongest passport? Yes, it gives their passport holders visa-free access to 193 destinations!
Cover Image Courtesy: Pexels