The travel industry is constantly evolving. Many travellers are seeking out unique and authentic experiences that allow them to connect with local cultures and traditions. And now, the ongoing Arabian Travel Market (ATM), an annual event held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), that showcases the travel and tourism industry has seen very strong participation from India.
India At Arabian Travel Market
.@tourismgoi participates in the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2023 held from 01st to 04th May 2023 in Dubai, UAE.
Ministry showcases "Incredible India" and “Visit India Year 2023” campaigns at the event
— PIB India (@PIB_India) May 2, 2023
Held from May 1-4 in Dubai, the Ministry of Tourism of India has showcased ‘Incredible India’ at the Arabian Travel Market. It also launched the ‘Visit India Year 2023’ campaign at the event. For years, the Arabian Travel Market is one of the leading global events for the travel and tourism industry. Additionally, the event provides a unique opportunity for exhibitors and visitors to explore the diverse cultures, traditions, and attractions of the region.
This time, India’s participation in the Arabian Travel Market 2023 is a significant step towards promoting India as a preferred travel destination among the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) markets. The India pavilion was inaugurated on 1st May by the Indian Ambassador to UAE, H.E. Sunjay Sudhir in the presence of Shri Gyan Bhushan, Sr. Economic Advisor, Ministry of Tourism, GOI and more.
What Does India’s Participation Bring?
— Prasar Bharati | Dubai (@Prasar_Dubai) May 2, 2023
The Indian pavilion is bringing the country’s unique offerings including its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, wildlife sanctuaries, and spiritual destinations. With the goal of making India a 365-day destination, the Ministry is on a mission to unlock India’s untapped tourism potential.
- The pavilion showed the strength of the country as a driver of economic growth and employment generation.
- Enhancing India’s tourism infrastructure and promoting India as a world-class tourism destination.
- The safety and security of tourists have been one of the prime concerns. In addition, the Ministry of Tourism has started a 24×7 toll-free multi-lingual tourist helpline in a total of 12 languages, apart from in Hindi & English
- India’s official website (www.incredibleindia.org) emphasises the holistic experiences India offers, such as spirituality, heritage, adventure, culture, yoga, and wellness.
- Moreover, inbound travel to India is the focus here by highlighting various tourism offerings of our country.
This strong participation from India at Arabian Travel Mart 2023 Dubai is expected to boost travel opportunities. Moreover, it’s a way to connect with the global travel trade and travellers from the Middle East region and beyond.
Keep watching this space for more updates.
Cover image credits: Twitter/Prasar Bharati