Gone are those days when you had to go to the Regional Transportation Office (RTO) for getting your driving license. There is no need to stand in long queues anymore for a license. The central government has eased the long procedure of getting an Indian driving license with new changes. The New Rules 2022 will come into action from 1 July 2022 onwards. Continue reading to know more about the new changes and it will simplify the method.
Indian Driving License New Rules
The Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways changed the guidelines for a driver’s license and now it’ll help the citizens to get hold of the license easily. Private driving training centres can only operate by the state transport authority or the central government. The important point to keep in mind is that the operations of these centres are lawful for only 5 years. After the specific years, the users should renew the accreditation with the government.
As per the Department of Roads and Transport regulations, whoever has passed the exam previously at a state-accredited driving centre do not require to appear for the RTO driving test. The certificate that you are obtaining from your private driving centre is enough for your Indian driving license.
You Can Currently Apply For A Driving License Online
The Driving License New Rules 2022 states that anyone can apply for a driving license online. It makes the initial steps simple and hassle-free. How to apply for it?
- Click on the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ website.
- Open the website and select your state and the type of driver’s license you will require.
- The next step is the most important as you have to fill out the application form. You also have to upload and attach essential documents.
- You have to pay an ‘application fee’ and then enter the ‘Submit’ option.
- After a few days, you will receive your license at your home.
What Documents Are Required For The Drivers License?
According to the Driving License New Rules 2022, you have to submit and upload some documents to continue the process.
- You need to submit any ‘Proof of age’. It can be your birth certificate or educational certificate or passport, pan card, or even employer certificate.
- For the ‘Proof of Address’, you can submit the Ration card, passport, Aadhar card, rent agreement, utility bill, or Life Insurance policy certificate.
- A passport-sized photograph is a mandate.
- You also need 4 Application Forms during the process.
- Forms 1 and 1A are needed as they are used as medical certificates.