Are you travelling to India from the UK, Europe or the Middle East? You will now have to follow several new protocols with the tightened restrictions. The government has announced new rules given the rising cases of the mutant strain of covid-19 in India. All incoming international travellers transiting through flights from the UK, Europe and the Middle East must ensure they follow these guidelines.
To reduce the risk of importation of mutant strains of SARS-CoV-2, SOP for International Passengers arriving in India have been updated in supersession of all guidelines on the subject since 2 Aug20. The new SOP will be in effect on 23:59 hrs on 22nd Feb,21 pic.twitter.com/YoGFkitP2t
— MoCA_GoI (@MoCA_GoI) February 17, 2021
- You must submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) and upload a negative RT-PCR report conducted 72 hours before your journey. The report must be authentic, or you will be subjected to criminal prosecution.
- You must give an undertaking on the portal or to Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, through concerned airlines your journey.
- Arrival in India without a negative report will only be allowed if you travel to India in the family’s necessity of death. However, to seek such exemption, you must apply to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before boarding. The authority will communicate the decision to you on the online portal itself.
- You must follow the dos and don’ts provided by the airlines. Airlines will only allow boarding if you have filled the self-declaration form and provided the COVID negative certificate.
- You will be allowed to board the flight only if you are asymptomatic after the thermal screening.
- You must maintain physical distancing while boarding. Here are 7 Hacks To Get Through Airport Security Faster In The Era Of Long Queues.
- You must follow all precautionary measures in flight and during transit.
- Wearing of masks, environmental hygiene, respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene must be observed in flight.
- You must ensure physical distancing while de-boarding. Indians Might Cancel 2021 Travel Plans Due To Flight Bans Over New COVID Variant.
- You will have to undergo thermal screening at the airport upon arrival.
- The airport health staff will check the filled self-declaration form.
- If you are found symptomatic, you will immediately be taken to the medical facility as per health protocol.
- If you have not taken the RT-PCR test before your journey, you must take it at the airport. You will be asked to quarantine or monitor your health for 14 days, depending on the report.
- If you have uploaded the RT-PCR negative certificate on Air Suvidha portal, you will be allowed to leave the airport or take transit flights.
Be sure you go through this list before your travel.