Travelling between Bengaluru and Mysuru is getting more comfortable than ever as electric bus services between these two Karnataka cities are beginning from 16 January. The Karnataka State Road Transport Commission (KSRTC) made the announcement of this intercity some time back. All the buses on this route are equipped with modern technology making the journey convenient for passengers. To know all about these intercity bus services, read till the end!
Here’s What You Need To Know About Electric Bus Services Between Bengaluru And Mysuru
View this post on Instagram
- These are AC semi-sleeper buses.
- The buses are 12 metre long.
- Each bus comes with a seating capacity of 43 passengers.
- To book tickets for these buses, passengers can book from the KSRTC website.
- This is the first intercity electric bus service running in the state of Karnataka by KSRTC.
- As of now, there are 12 electric buses on this route.
- Passengers will need to pay ₹300 to travel by AC electric buses.
- And for non-AC buses, the price will be ₹240.
- The number of buses will increase in the upcoming future.
- All the buses are equipped with CCTV cameras, emergency buttons, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, TV, USB chargers, Wi-Fi, and a lot more.
- V Anbukumar is the Managing Director of KSRTC and he shared that all the 50 e-buses under FAME-II will be initiated by February.
The best part of these services is that the time to cover the journey is also going to decrease. It is expected that the expressway between Bengaluru and Mysuru will be open for commuters by February. And with the initiation of travelling on this expressway, the time will to just about 90 minutes.
KSRTC To Have More Services
KSRTC plans to launch more electric buses from Bengaluru to different cities and towns in Karnataka. The part of identifying the routes is already done. And the destinations are Chikkamagaluru, Davangere, Madikeri, Shivamogga, and Virajpet. There are more plans of launching new buses as well. The announcement of these services will be done later.
Starting this Monday, the journey to travel between Bengaluru and Mysuru will be comfortable, and that too just under ₹300. So folks of Bengaluru and Mysuru, when are you taking a ride on one of these electric buses?
Cover Image Courtesy: Media Library