Popcorn lovers will agree that there have been many innovations in the popcorn world. People love to have fresh popcorn for snacks or movie nights at home. But do you also use ready-to-eat popcorn packets? Well, no more buying bags of store-bought microwave popcorn full of chemicals and preservatives. A famous food blogger named Yumna on Instagram brings an interesting recipe to make popcorn at home in a brown bag.
Yes, no need to use any fancy popcorn machines. Just some popcorn kernels, oil, and a brown bag are all that you require for this recipe. Take a look at the recipe for the same shared by the food blogger ‘feelgoodfoodie’.
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 teaspoon oil or melted butter
- A pinch of salt
- Add popcorn kernels, oil, butter, and salt to a small bowl or paper bag.
- Put it in a paper bag, fold it half, and seal it—microwave it.
- Timings are microwave-dependent, so always monitor popcorn while it’s heating up in the microwave. Wait until the popping sound has completely stopped, then carefully open the bag and enjoy.
- Add oil, melted butter, salt, or spices if desired and serve immediately.
Check out this video recipe of popcorn made in a brown bag shared by “feelgoodfoodie”.
View this post on Instagram
How The Netizens Reacted To This
Netizens felt that this is the best way to cook the healthiest popcorn. One user commented “Never thought of that! 🤯😄😄😄😄 thank you!!!” Another user said “Oooh what a great tip!!, ” Public figure Kalejunkie also commented “YESSSSSS”. In fact, spiceology, a very popular spice, and flavor company was also speechless after seeing this amazing recipe for brown bag popcorns.
If you like the recipe don’t forget to try it on your next movie night.