The travel and tourism industry is enhancing, growing, and evolving in the grandest way possible and the crazy tourist footfall everywhere is the biggest proof. The aviation industry in India is seeing an exponential rise. Do you know the Indian aviation industry is seeing the third highest tourist traffic in the entire world? The numbers in Indian airports have seen significant growth when compared with the last year.
Recent Weeks Have Been An Excellent Time For The Indian Aviation Industry
When it comes to passengers taking domestic trips within the country, over 4 lakh people have been boarding these flights each and every day in recent times, according to the Ministry of Civil Aviation data (as of September 23, 2023). The number was about 3.5 lakh passengers at this time back in 2022.
New Indian Airports Are Coming Up
It is not at all an easy task to control the surge and demand in air travel among people everywhere. To provide enhanced services and proper facilities and accommodate enough passengers, new airports are being constructed in different cities.
August was a major busy month for some airports in India. Here’s a list of the busiest airports and their passenger traffic, according to a report by Zee News. The passenger traffic reported here is considering both domestic and international airports in India.
These Are The Top Indian Airports With The Most Passenger Footfall In August 2023:
- 59,38,988 passengers at New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport
- 43,29,749 passengers at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
- 29,93,061 passengers at Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport
- 20,36,328 passengers at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
- 17,53,115 passengers at Chennai International Airport
- 15,37,689 passengers at Kolkata’s Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
- 9,32,223 passengers at Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
- 9,09,792 passengers at Cochin International Airport
- 8,31,239 passengers at Pune International Airport
- 5,39,462 passengers at Goa’s Dabolim International Airport
It can be easily expected that airports in India are about to witness a huge rise in passenger traffic in the upcoming festive season and the peak winter holiday season.
Have you boarded a flight from any of these airports in India?
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons