After Centipede & Finger, Woman Finds Dead Rat In Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup; Netizens Say, “New Fear Unlocked”

This woman and her family were shocked to discover a dead mouse inside a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup.

by Shreya Ghosh
After Centipede & Finger, Woman Finds Dead Rat In Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup; Netizens Say, “New Fear Unlocked”

Are companies not following guidelines while manufacturing and packaging food items? Are they not focusing on consumers’ safety and their reputation? Why are we coming across people discovering unhygienic things or insects inside their food orders? This time, a woman was shocked to allegedly find a dead rat inside a new bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup. Even thinking about the incident makes me feel uncomfortable.

Customer Discovered A Dead Rat In Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Bottle

Taking to Instagram, Prami Sridhar (@pramisridhar) shared about the horrifying experience.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Prami Sridhar (@pramisridhar)

Sharing a video of finding a dead rat trapped inside a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup, Prami Sridhar added how she and her family saw many small hairs at first. They found hair while pouring the syrup to eat with cakes. Family members became curious after finding these unhygienic elements and decided to open the entire packaging. They took a disposable glass and poured the entire syrup into it.

To their utter surprise, a dead rat dropped into the glass suddenly. Surprisingly, the Hershey’s chocolate syrup bottle was sealed and intact. The woman shared that the creature was of “thick and hard consistency”. To get a better idea and confirmation of the dead rat, a man took it and washed it in running water. Once the excess chocolate syrup washed off, the family was sure that they discovered a dead rat in Hershey’s chocolate syrup bottle ordered on Zepto.

Unfortunately, three family members consumed the syrup before knowing what was inside the container. One girl among them fainted and was rushed to a nearby hospital. Later, she was referred to another hospital for general treatment. She is feeling better now. The other two girls were asymptomatic. Prami Sridhar attempted to register a complaint about the same but did not get any response.

Also read: Bengaluru Couple Finds Cobra In Xbox Package Ordered On Amazon; Netizen Ask, “Asli Amazon Se Mangwaya Hai Kya?

Unexpected Video Shocked Everyone

Dead Rat Hershey’s Chocolate
Picture credit- Instagram/ Prami Sridhar (@pramisridhar)

The recent incident has stunned everyone. People are concerned about purchasing all these products and are scared to discover what is inside. Netizens react to the viral video. They share how it is a problem of Hershey’s and not of Zepto as the latter just delivered it to the doorstep. Most Instagrammers are furious and someone suggested to make a complaint to the food safety department.

A Netizen commented, “You can sue them.” Another reaction read, “It’s very serious matter you should take action on this company.” A user wrote, “This is why everyone should boycott all those brands.”

Dead Rat Hershey’s Chocolate
Picture credit- Instagram/ Prami Sridhar (@pramisridhar)

Hershey’s also responded to the chaotic episode and asked for the UPC and manufacturing code with reference number and date so that the brand can address this concern.

Also read: “Wonder What Amul Is Adding To Their Ice Creams These Days.” Doctor Finds Oily Liquid In Ice Cream Ordered From Zepto In Bengaluru

What is your reaction to this incident?

Cover Image Courtesy: Instagram/ Prami Sridhar (@pramisridhar)

For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and the latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.