Fitness buffs of Delhi, lend your ears! The North Delhi Municipal Corporation ( NDMC) has reopened the gates of some popular parks under its area for walkers and joggers after a gap of about two months. The parks that have opened up now include the historical Lodhi Garden, Nehru Park, Talkatora Gardens and others. The Lodhi Garden in the Lodi Estate has always been famous among the fitness enthusiasts, who enjoy exercising on the green grass, in front of the marvellous Tomb of Sikandar Lodi or Bada Gumbad. The Nehru Park in Chanakyapuri is another stretch of greenery with a wide variety of beautiful flowers. The Mughal-era lawn, Talkatora Gardens is on the Mother Teresa Crescent, near the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
How Is It Happening?
The parks are opening up daily now, but only with the following conditions:
- People can walk and jog in these parks while maintaining social distancing from others.
- Yoga, open gyms and other activities will remain prohibited.
- The parks will be open only for fixed hours, from 7AM to 10AM and from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- All the visitors of the park must adhere to the public health guidelines.
- Elderly people above 65 years of age, children below 10 years of age and people with chronic diseases will not be permitted entry.
Although yoga and open gyming has been prohibited, many people were spotted taking part in these activities, unaware of the rules.
As the lockdown restrictions have eased down now, travelling from one place to another in public transport is also allowed in Delhi. However, buses are permitted to operate with a maximum of 20 passengers. Cabs and private cars can operate with two passengers. Autos, rickshaws and cycle rickshaws have permissions to carry only one passenger. Shops in popular destinations like Sarojini Nagar, Khan Market and Connaught Place are also operating now.
Also Read: Delhi Shops To Operate On Odd-Even Basis
Time to wake up early and rush to these parks to boost up our bodies and minds all over again!