After the issuance of guidelines for the celebration of Durga Puja in Kolkata, the Delhi Government too has come up with Standard Operating Procedures ( SOPs) for visiting Ramlila and Durga Puja Pandals. The organisers of the events and the pandal hoppers in Delhi need to strictly abide by the safety measures of the Delhi government to combat the spread of COVID-19.
SOPs For Durga Puja And Ramlila 2020 In Delhi; No Food Stalls Or Exhibitions
Durga Puja is starting on October 22 this year. Maha Sasti of the five-day-long festival falls on that day. This will be followed by Saptami, Astami, Nabami and Dashami. Dussehra is on October 25. On October 12, the Delhi government has issued certain guidelines and relaxations for the celebration of Durga Puja and Ramlila in the national capital, to be in effect till October 31. The guidelines are as follows:
- Organisers need to receive approval from the district magistrates( DMs) of their respective zones for conducting events related to the festivals. According to the Delhi government, the district magistrate and the deputy commissioner of police (DCP) of the areas will grant permissions only after full inspection.
- In closed areas, events can take place will only 50 percent capacity.
- For outdoor events, the authorities must allow the number of people by ensuring that social distancing norms are followed strictly. The DM and DCP of each area will certify the seating capacity of the outdoor spaces. People won’t have permissions to stand or sit on the ground. They will have to sit on the chairs by maintaining social distancing.
- Putting up food stalls, exhibitions and rallies will remain prohibited. Melas and rides will not be allowed.
- There will be separate gates for entry and exit.
- It will be mandatory for all visitors to wear masks.
- The organisers of the celebration must make a video recording of the event from beginning to end. They must then present the video before the administration and get a certificate which will confirm the adherence of COVID-19 guidelines.
Nodal Officers To Monitor The Compliance Of The Guidelines
The district magistrate of each area needs to keep details of all these events according to the government order. The divisional commissioner will have the consolidated data of the whole of Delhi. Also, the DM will appoint a nodal officer for every Durga Puja pandal or Ramlila event. The DCP will also appoint a nodal officer. The nodal officers will ensure stringent adherence to the government’s guidelines.
So, Delhiites, get ready for the gala celebrations in a socially-distanced way. Meanwhile, here are 3 steps to get the perfect Bengali look this Durga Puja: