The sudden spike in cases in the UAE, has created panic and fear among residents. The UAE government has announced free Covid-19 tests for select people in Dubai. But beware, those taking a retest within two weeks without a valid reason, will be slapped with a fine of AED 1000. On that note, UAE Is Now Planning To Use Cardboard Beds From India In Quarantine Centres.
Who Is Eligible For FREE Covid-19 Tests In Dubai?
- Hospitalized patients
- Patients in long-term care facilities with symptoms
- Patients 60 years of age and older with symptoms
- Patients with underlying conditions with symptoms
- Those who were in contact with a positive case and are presenting with symptoms
- Those who have returned from travel and are presenting with symptoms
- If you do not fit into any of the category above but have developed symptoms, please inform your supervisor and seek medical attention.
What Happens After Testing?
If the result of your test is negative, the quarantine 14-day period starts while following one of two tracks:
- If no symptoms after 14 days, resume work normally
- The test must be repeated if symptoms develop during the 14-day quarantine
If the result of your test is positive, the 14-day isolation period starts. The following steps will be followed:
- Your case will be assessed. If stable, you will either be isolated at home or shifted to an isolation facility. If unstable, you will be isolated at the hospital.
- The test will be repeated on day 10 and day 12 counted from the day of the first test. The test will be repeated every 24 hours till two negative consecutive tests appear.
- The isolation period ends at 14 days, with no symptoms, and after two confirmed consecutive negative tests.
You can book your test by calling Dubai Health Authority on 800 342. Also read: Here’s How Restaurants Around The World Are Following Social Distancing
Testing For Covid-19
Drive-through National Screening Centres for COVID-19 are available across all emirates. Download the SEHA app or call the Estijaba helpline at 8001717 to book a screening appointment for COVID-19 from anywhere in the UAE. Location and time of the screening will be confirmed to you through a text message. Test is free of charge for those suspected to have contracted the virus and for vulnerable groups. Others would be charged AED 370 per person.
Also Read: AED 1000 To AED 50,000: Full List Of COVID-19 Fines You Must Be Aware Of In The UAE
If you are required to or wish to test for COVID-19, book an appointment through the Estijaba helpline number 8001717. You will need to participate in a pre-assessment screening, where you would need to answer questions related to your condition. Following the pre-screening, the authorities will test those people on priority who are suspected to have contracted the virus and those who are most vulnerable; such as the elderly, pregnant women and people with chronic diseases.
National Home Testing Programme For People Of Determination
The UAE launched the National Home Testing Programme for People of Determination, for citizens and residents, to ensure all segments of the community have adequate access to testing facilities. The home testing programme is for people of determination who are unable to reach testing centres easily. It is especially for those who are unable to move normally or who have difficulty communicating with others.
Specialised teams from authorities concerned will implement the programme according to the standards of World Health Organisation. They will also provide health and preventive advice to all who need it. The new programme supports and complements the efforts of the drive-through testing facility for COVID-19 and other accredited testing centres nationwide. Families of the people of determination may call 02-5968689 to book a test appointment for COVID-19.
The test will be free for the above mentioned individuals. For everyone else, the test will cost AED 370.