We have all witnessed those moments when guests come home unannounced. The worst part about this is when you have to decide on a menu to serve them. You, of course, want to serve them the best, do not want to repeat a dish, and at the same time want something quick. What to do? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Make a veggie Mexican quesadilla! No, it’s not difficult; trust us!
Make Veggie Mexican Quesadilla At Home
View this post on Instagram
Here’s a quick recipe shared by Chef Saloni Kukreja:
For the tortillas:
- 1/2 cup of flour.
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 1/4 cup plus additional tablespoons as necessary to form a smooth dough.
For the Filling:
- Rajma (soaked and boiled): ½ cup
- sliced onion – 1/2 cup
- sliced bell pepper – 1/2 cup
- tomato purée – 1/4 cup
- Three cloves of garlic
- one tablespoon of oil
- one teaspoon of cumin powder
- two tablespoons of Tabasco hot sauce.
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
For the Filling
- Heat some oil in a saucepan, then add the onion, capsicum, finely chopped garlic, and tomato purée.
- After cooking the tomato purée for 3–4 minutes, season with salt, add the tabasco sauce, add the boiled rajma, and then mix everything together.
- Cook the mixture for a few minutes while mashing the rajma with the back of a spoon.
- To make a soft and smooth dough, combine the flour, salt, and ghee in a bowl.
- Add lukewarm water and stir well. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough a few times while it’s resting, then roll it out on a floured surface and cook it on a tawa over low heat until it’s just beginning to brown on one side.
- Spoon the filling onto one side of the tortilla, top with some mozzarella cheese, and fold.
- Heat some oil in a tawa and cook the quesadilla until the cheese melts and both sides are golden brown and crunchy.
Relish With Salsa and Sour Cream
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1
- Finely chopped onion – 1/2
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
For nutritious Yogurt with sour cream:
- Greek Yoghurt or Dahi (hung for 15 minutes): 1/2 Cup
- Lime Juice – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
(Combine all the ingredients and keep it in the refrigerator)
Quesadillas are a traditional Mexican dish. A tortilla is grilled on a griddle or stove and is usually filled with cheese but can also include other contents like meat or spices.
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva