Want to visit Somnath Dham, Kashi Vishwanath, Kedarnath Temple, Trimbakeshwar Temple, Mahakaleshwar Temple & Ramanathaswamy Temple? As a devotee of Lord Shiva, Kamiya Jani embarks on a journey to these iconic jyotirlinga temples scattered across India. These Jyotirlinga temples are considered different manifestations of Shiva.
The word ‘Jyoti’ means light which is also called ‘radiance’ and lingam or linga means ‘sign’ or ‘image’. So the word Jyotir-linga means ‘Radiant signs of Lord Shiva. Apart from providing spiritual reckoning and blessings, these sanctums are breathtakingly beautiful and serene. So if you intend to embark on a spiritual journey, start with these 6 jyotirlingas, which are as divine as the presence of the almighty Lord Shiva himself. So if you intend to embark on a spiritual journey, start with these 6 jyotirlingas, which are as divine as the presence of the almighty God himself.
How Many Jyotirlinga Temples Are There?
There are 12 Jyotirlinga Temples in India. There are two in Gujarat, two in Madhya Pradesh, three in Maharashtra, one each in Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Uttrakhand and Andhra Pradesh. Here’s a concise list of all the 12 Jyotirlingas in India:
- Somnath Jyotirlinga in Gir, Gujarat
- Nageshwar Jyotirlinga in Dwarka, Gujarat
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- Baidyanath Jyotirlinga in Deoghar, Jharkhand
- Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga in Nasik, Maharashtra
- Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra
- Ghrishneshwar Jyotirlinga in Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Ramanathaswamy Jyotirlinga in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu
- Kashi Vishwanath Jyotirlinga in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Kedarnath Jyotirlinga in Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand
- Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga in Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh
How many have you visited? Let us know in the comments section below.