Telangana’s Nirmal is a city that offers so much for a tourist to explore. Along with being a tourist destination, Nirmal also has historical significance as it lies in the district of Adilabad. Here agricultural resources, history, culture, and nature’s beauty are at their peak. Those lush greens all around are a great sight to witness. Both these places are delved in history and here’s what you should know before visiting this city.
The Rich History Of Nirmal In Telangana
— Mahi (@Mahi0x00) July 22, 2023
- Adilabad is a district in north Telangana which is a pristine combination of spectacular teak forests and waterfalls as rivers Godavari, Penganga, Pranahita and Kadam pass through it.
- This district was named after the former king of Bijapur, Adil Shah. Before that, this place was under the rule of Asaf Jahis, Rashtrakutas, Chalukyas, and the Gond kings of Sirpur and Chanda. This further points to the larger population of Gonds in the area. Gonds are Adivasis or tribal people.
- As the Godavari River passes through Nirmal, therefore, it has some of the most fertile land in Telangana. Paddy, many pulses and cotton are grown on this fertile land.
- Nirmal is an attractive city full of culture, history, and nature in Adilabad. The place derives its name from the local chieftain Neema Naik or Neema Naidu. It was also Neema who introduced Nirmal toys to the world.
Their Unique Nirmal Toys Are Best Selling In Telangana
The making of Nirmal Toys which are traditional Indian wooden toys made in the town of Nirmal in Telangana#reelsvideo #reelsfb #reelsindia #reelitfeelit #nirmaltoys #BTS #Telangana #HumansofHyderabad pic.twitter.com/5F7Hl940aa
— Humans of Hyderabad (@HumansofHyd) February 10, 2023
- It is also a place which is popular for toys made out of wood. It is believed that Naqqash families from the land of Rajasthan were brought to Telangana during the 17th century.
- Nirmal Toys are so popular that they have national and international recognition! Nirmal Toys have a special place in the world of handicrafts.
- Nirmal art focuses on the traditional making of soft wooden toys and paintings. Both of these are finely carved and are one of the prettiest handicrafts you will ever come across. Through all these years the vibrant art form has survived.
More Attractive Things To See Here
Kuntala waterfalls from the other side 😎😘😍 pic.twitter.com/OVt4bg4T1v
— Shekhar (@shekharkummari) July 17, 2018
- Nirmal Fort: This fort has contributed to the growth of Nirmal’s heritage and culture. It was built by the Nizams of Hyderabad and is one of the oldest forts. You can enjoy amazing lush green views from Nirmal Fort.
- Kuntala Waterfalls: You should not miss this beautiful waterfall when you come to Nirmal. You will get to witness mesmerising waterfalls from a height of 150 meters which is the highest waterfall in the state. It is located on the Kadam river of Adilabad.
- Badrachalam Temple: This is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Rama. You can visit this temple on the banks of the Godavari River, so your pristine visit to this temple will be utterly beautiful.
If you are planning a trip to Nirmal then do not miss out on their traditional culture with Nirmal toys. The paintings are so beautiful that you have to buy them.
Cover Image Courtesy: X/ @OptimistSiD
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.