Delhites, we have some very important news to share with you all! A part of the Delhi-Jaipur Highway will be closed for a straight 90 days. The closure will take place between Rangpuri and Rajokari. The Delhi Police has already announced the shutting down of NH-48 and also shared a traffic advisory regarding this situation. To know all about the closing down of NH-48 and the alternate routes, keep on reading!
This Is Why The NH-48 Will Be Shut For 90 Days
A part of the national highway 48 between Rangpuri and Rajokari has been shut down for 90 days because of the construction and development of the Dwarka Expressway. The Delhi traffic department shared that the National Highways Authority of India is working on the project of the Dwarka Expressway. This development comes under the Bharat Mala Project. It will take place at Dwarka Link Road close to Shiv Murti on NH-48. For the Dwarka Expressway construction project, 1 elevated area and 2 underpasses will be built.
Both the carriageways between Rangpuri and Rajokri will be shut down for 90 days. The decision to shut down the part is taken so that the construction process can take place accordingly.
These Are The Alternate Routes:
- There is a chance of more than usual traffic as the traffic near the intersection of Shiv Murti will now be seen on the newly-made slip roads instead of the highway.
- Delhiwaalo, if you need to travel to the Indira Gandhi International Airport, interstate bus terminus, or rail stations, take some extra hours in hand.
- For people who are travelling to Gurugram or Jaipur or returning from these places need to take the Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road.
- According to the advisory, commuters travelling to places towards Dwarka, Kapashera, and Najafgarh shall choose the Palam Road from Gurgaon Road flyover.
- And if someone is travelling towards Dhaula Kuan and Vasant Vihar from Dwarka, Gurugram, and Kapashera, they shall plan their journey on Dwarka Flyover Road No 201.
Delhites, make sure to follow these alternate routes to avoid any inconveniences. Make sure to keep some time in hand so that you don’t get delayed.
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons