The first Vande Bharat Express of India was inaugurated back on February 18, 2019. Ever since then, a total of 41 semi-high-speed trains have been flagged off in different places connecting different parts of India. Among all these Vande Bharat Express operating, some trains are reporting maximum occupancy while the numbers are quite the opposite for a few trains.
These Vande Bharat Express Trains Are Running On The Highest Occupancy
Travelling on these trains is on the bucket list of many travel enthusiasts. With all the comfort and facilities provided on the journey, travelling on Vande Bharat Express is actually a great idea. At the present moment, trains of this kind for Kasaragod, Katra, and Varanasi are reported to clock maximum occupancy, according to a report by Swarajyamag. The demand for tickets is to such a huge extent that the occupancy is maximum even after two trains operating for each of the above-mentioned destinations.
Vande Bharat Express connecting Kasaragod and Thiruvananthapuram is reporting the most occupancy rates currently, reaching almost 200 per cent occupancy rate. On the next positions of occupancy, there are Delhi-Varanasi-Delhi and Delhi-Katra-Delhi trains. Both these Vande Bharat Express have more than 120 per cent occupancy rate. Interestingly, the Indian Railways introduced two such trains on these routes seeing high occupancy.
Not just these 3, Vande Bharat trains operating on routes such as Chennai-Tirunelveli-Chennai, Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Mumbai, and Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad are reporting high occupancy. The occupancy rates for these 3 trains are 119, 114, and around 110 respectively. Another train that is clocking great occupancy is the new Delhi-Ayodhya train flagged off on December 30, 2023.
Trains With Less Occupancy Rates:
- The lowest occupancy rate is clocked in the Goa-Mangaluru-Goa Vande Bharat Express with the numbers going below 50 per cent.
- The Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Mumbai train has 50 per cent occupancy.
- Indore-Nagpur-Indore has more than 50 per cent occupancy.
- Bhopal-Rewa-Bhopal has a bit more than 50 per cent occupancy.
- Jodhpur to Ahmedabad train has a 54 per cent occupancy rate. And the rate is 59 per cent from Ahmedabad to Jodhpur.
- The occupancy rate is around 80 per cent for the Bhopal-Delhi-Bhopal train.
- Another train with an almost 80 per cent occupancy rate is the Ajmer-Delhi-Ajmer Vande Bharat Express.
- Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai has an occupancy rate lower than 100 per cent.
- Trains that clocked over 100 per cent occupancy rates are Delhi-Dehradun-Delhi, Kolkata-Patna-Kolkata, Kolkata-Puri-Kolkata, and Patna-Ranchi-Patna.
Have you travelled on Vande Bharat Express before?
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and the latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.