Winters are incomplete without a cup of chai. The Indian concoction of Chinese-origin tea is famous for its flavours. We all adore the regular adrak wali chai, but this gud wali chai, or jaggery tea, is a whole new flavour that you will surely appreciate. Moreover, it benefits your health in many ways, some of which you might not even know of. Here is the recipe and the benefits you can get by drinking gud wali chai.
Jaggery Tea By Chef Harpal Sokhi
Chef Harpal Sokhi is known for his authentic take on recipes. He will guide you to make a perfect cup of this flavourful tea.
- First, you need to have all the ingredients required for this tea. That includes jaggery, tea leaves, water, milk, and spices like cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, etc.
- Now, start by boiling around one-fourth cup of water in a pan and bring it to a roaring boil.
- Then add tea powder to this water. You can add anywhere between two to two and a half teaspoons. Also, any brand will do.
- Once you see the colour change, add jaggery and the spices mentioned. You can add or skip any of the spices you want, according to your taste.
- Boil the tea for another five minutes till you can smell the fragrance of jaggery.
- Now strain it and enjoy this hot cup of jaggery tea in the cold weather.
Benefits Of Gud Wali Chai
Jaggery tea is loaded with antioxidants and keeps the flu away. It also helps in keeping your body warm in the winter. That is probably why people prefer to drink gud wali chai instead of regular tea. It works as an immunity booster and helps in weight loss. This chai also increases our metabolism and helps in digestion.
So, what are you waiting for? Make yourself a steaming cup of jaggery tea and savour the chilly weather.
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia & Chef Harpal Sokhi