Passengers departing from Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) can now get their PCR test done at the airport. The Mumbai airport has launched an express Covid PCR testing for departing passengers. The new service is also available for non-passengers visiting the airport to drop off or collect their loved ones. Earlier, the service was available only for arrivals.
“This initiative addresses passenger concerns regarding the different COVID-19 regulations across domestic and international destinations,” Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), the airport operator said in a statement.
Departing Passengers Can Now Undergo PCR Test At Mumbai Airport
Those traveling from Mumbai don’t have to go hunting for a testing centre! The Mumbai airport now offers Covid PCR test for all travellers as well as those who come to drop off. Travellers can then produce their negative test report to skip institutional quarantine at their destination.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) initially launched the service only for international transit passengers. However, the service is now available for passengers departing from the airport. The kiosk is located on Level 4 at Terminal 2 for departing passenger. Non-passengers can undergo the test at the same location.
Departing passengers who wish to undergo the test must register online on www.csmia.aero. Alternatively they can also register at the departure help desk in the airport. Passengers will receive a digital copy of the report directly by mail or can opt to collect a physical report after 8 hours. All passengers departing from Mumbai must arrive 8-12 hours before their departure.
Here’s How It Works
- You either need to register at the help desk at the arrival terminal or make an online booking on the ICMR-approved Suburban Diagnostics laboratory website.
- You will have to pay ₹1,600 for the testing available 24*7
- While you wait for the results, you would be guided to a waiting lounge with special F&B arrangements. You can also opt to book a room at the airport hotel, of course, with the approval of the state authorities.
- You will receive a digital as well as a physical copy of the test report in under 8 hours. So be sure to book your connecting flight within a gap of 8-12 hours.
- You can proceed for your final destinations if you test negative. You will also receive a stamp indicating a home quarantine by the state officials.
- If your test results are positive, you will be transferred by the state authorities to a designated institution. Air India To Ensure Crew’s COVID-19 Tests Are Negative
The new test facility at the airport receives an average of 100 test registrations per day.CSMIA has witnessed a total of over 3340 passengers who opted for the test. Out of the test conducted so far, 38 passengers have tested positive for Covid-19. They were then transferred by State authorities to designated COVID-19 institutions. With the test available at both departures and arrivals, passengers can now experience a smooth transit at Mumbai airport.