You must’ve heard of different types of diets, like the paleo diet, keto diet, or Atkins diet. But this may be the first you’re hearing of the pineapple diet. It has taken the Internet by storm and is now the latest trend that Netizens are obsessed with. Since it is the beginning of a new year, most people are more than enthusiastic about starting new diets and food plans. If you’re looking for a new and exciting diet, this just might be it.
Pineapple Diet And All You Need To Know About It
- The diet has been in practice since the 1970s. The Danish psychologist Sten Hegeler is said to have first conceptualised this diet.
- Just as the name suggests, the pineapple diet includes consuming large amounts of pineapple. However, if you’re worried that the diet might consist of only pineapples for long periods of time, you don’t need to worry. Okay, maybe you need to worry but just a little bit.
- Basically, the pineapple diet involves eating nothing but pineapples for two days a week. For the rest of the week, you may continue to have your meals as per usual. This is all there is to know about the diet. It is simple and easy enough to follow.
- There are no complicated steps or procedures. There aren’t even any other dietary restrictions involved.
- You may eat pineapples on consecutive days or on different days, as long as you only eat pineapples for two days a week, you’re all set.
Impact Of This Diet On Health
- The main principle on which the diet is based is the calorie deficit principle. Pineapples do not contain many calories but are an island of nutrients.
- 1 cup, or 165 grams of pineapples, contains just a little over 82 calories. Hence, consuming them in large quantities will provide your body with all the required nutrients without it gaining weight.
- This is extremely helpful in reducing weight rapidly. However, you may want to exercise caution when following this diet.
- Even though pineapples are rich in various nutrients, they lack certain other nutrients that are essentials for our bodies. This may lead to fatigue and headaches.
- Pineapples are also acidic and consuming too much of it can cause an imbalance in your stomach.
Are you intrigued by this diet and want to give it a try? Don’t forget to tell us about it in the comments if you do! And of course, how it goes!
Cover Image Credits: Wikimedia Commons