The country is very excited about the Delhi-Meerut RAPIDX train. It has been some time since the news of this train started making the headlines and the time has finally come for its inauguration. This is a significant transportation infrastructure project connecting Delhi NCR and Meerut. Read all to know all about the much-awaited transport system.
PM Narendra Modi To Inaugurate Delhi-Meerut RapidX Train On Friday
Taking to the X (formerly Twitter) platform, Urban Transport (@ut_MoHUA) shared glimpses of the interiors of the train. These snippets show the designated spaces for wheelchairs/stretchers installed inside.
.@officialncrtc has prioritised the needs & comfort of commuters and ensured universal accessibility at its stations. Stations across the #RRTS corridor have large lifts and #RAPIDX trains have designated space for wheelchairs/stretchers. #RegionalConnectivity #CommuterCentricity pic.twitter.com/ptObgIw7MS
— Urban Transport (@ut_MoHUA) October 10, 2023
- Primer Minister Narendra Modi is going to flag off this train on October 20, 2023.
- A day after the inauguration by the Prime Minister, the RapidX train is going to start providing services to passengers. The operations are all set to begin on October 21, 2023.
- On Wednesday, a media preview of the trains was conducted, according to a report by India.com.
- Also, the 17-km priority section of the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor is going to be inaugurated.
Oxomiya Jiyori 🇮🇳 (@SouleFacts) took the X (formerly Twitter) platform to share a picture of the RapidX train. In the caption, she mentioned PM Modi flagging off the maiden journey on the 17-km priority corridor located in Ghaziabad and the RapidX, the first Rapid Rail train of India.
This train mark the first train in the country to be operated by women pilots. pic.twitter.com/GdvKxyDSQq
— Oxomiya Jiyori 🇮🇳 (@SouleFacts) October 12, 2023
There are expectations for the total 82.15 km Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS section to start providing services from the month of June in the year 2025.
Here’s All You Need To Know About The New Beginnings:
Venkatesh (@VenkateshOffi) shared pictures of the rapid rail train. In the caption, he added that the National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. is going to make it fully available on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut section by the year 2025.
Rapid train to run in India soon ,
Hon’ble Prime Minister @narendramodi will inaugurate the 17 km .corridor in #Ghaziabad next week ,
This train name is #RAPIDX ,@officialncrtc is going to make this train service fully available on the #Delhi_Ghaziabad_Meerut section by 2025. pic.twitter.com/A2ZC8VhuSA
— Venkatesh (@VenkateshOffi) October 12, 2023
- The RapidX trains have six coaches. 1 of them is a premium class coach and the rest are standard class coaches, according to a report by Hindustan Times.
- The National Capital Region Transport Corporation recently announced that the tickets for the standard class coaches of the Delhi-Meerut RapidX train start from ₹20 and continue to ₹50. And the tickets for the premium class coach start from ₹40 and continue to ₹100.
- 6 stations such as Duhai, Duhai Depot, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, and Sahibabad are coming under the 17-km section.
- There are emergency door-opening systems, CCTV cameras, overhead luggage racks, charging outlets for each seat, Wi-Fi, fire extinguishers, and so much more installed inside the train.
- There are also ‘Passenger Emergency Communication Units’ and this button is for communicating with train operators if any unfortunate emergency situation takes place.
- Major focus has been given to the safety of the passengers and several safety features have been installed as well.
- There is going to be a train attendant only in the premium coach of the RapidX train. They can assist passengers of that coach in times of emergencies, shared officials, as per the report by India.com.
What do you think of the RapidX train? Let us know if you wish to travel on India’s first Rapid Rail train.
Cover Image Courtesy: X (formerly Twitter)/ Venkatesh (@VenkateshOffi)
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.