With the pandemic still going on, people are quite apprehensive to travel again. Hotels, railways, and airlines are working hard to revive the tourism industry. And so, in one such bid to make it easier for people to fly by air again, an airline company is offering an irresistible deal. The Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cover of ₹4.8 crores is one of the most comprehensive coronavirus insurances offered by an airline so far. And the best part? It’s completely free!
Virgin Atlantic Airline Is Offering Free Covid-19 Insurance
Virgin Atlantic’s COVID-19 Cover applies to all existing and new bookings for travel between August 24, 2020 and March 31, 2021. To encourage people to fly again, the British airline has made this insurance 100% free. Apparently, the cover is extended to you anyway, irrespective of coronavirus being included or not in your travel insurance.
We could all use some extra peace of mind right now. So we are adding free of charge Virgin Atlantic Covid-19 Cover to every existing booking, as well as new bookings made for travel up until March 31st 2021. See Terms and Conditions and full detail here: https://t.co/zhFpy4Gw7s pic.twitter.com/IVYKwyGs6q
— virginatlantic (@VirginAtlantic) August 24, 2020
What Does The Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cover Include?
The British airline’s policy includes some major expenses to make you feel safe while flying. If you have a Virgin Atlantic flight or holiday booking in the aforementioned period, you can avail the following coverage as per the airline:
- Up to £500,000 (approx.₹4.8 Crore) necessary and emergency medical expenses on account of Coronavirus. This goes for you and your travelling companions, both.
- Repatriation due to Covid-19, if it’s medically necessary.
- The airline will take up many necessary charges if you and your companion are denied boarding or quarantine. These include personal accommodation, transport, refreshments charges along with booking amendment fees.
- This covers your entire trip, with no upper limit on your duration away.
- Also, this is applicable to all the passengers, irrespective of their age, travel class or length of journey.
This policy automatically comes with every Virgin Atlantic plane ticket. It also applies to people flying through partnered air carriers like Delta Air Lines or Air France-KLM. The airline has claimed it’s one of the most comprehensive Covid-19 covers so far. Please head to the airline’s website for a comprehensive guideline, before booking your travel. Also, we encourage you to travel only if it’s absolutely necessary. Meanwhile, check out why flying is one of the safest ways to travel right now.