Airports all around the world have come up with precautionary measures to help passengers travel safely amid the pandemic. Hyderabad airport will soon get a contactless terminal entry to ensure minimal contact between passengers and airport personnel. Dubai airport now has vending machines for disposing PPE kits. In India, the domestic flights have resumed operations on May 25, 2020. Though many people have already started travelling, there are confusions among them regarding the quarantine rules of each state. If you’re travelling to Mumbai airport anytime soon, here are the details that you must keep in mind.
Quarantine Norms To Be Followed At Mumbai Airport For Domestic Travel
If you are coming to Mumbai airport on a domestic flight, these are the quarantine rules you need to follow:
- In case you’re coming to the airport on a domestic flight and planning to exit the airport, you need to undergo a home quarantine of 14 days.
- If you are arriving at the airport and planning to return within seven days, no quarantine rules will apply.
- If you are arriving at the airport and have further air connectivity, the quarantine rule of the destination state will apply.
- For taking a Vande Bharat flight after arriving at the Mumbai airport on a domestic flight and not leaving the airport, no quarantine rules will apply in Mumbai.
Quarantine Norms To Be Followed At Mumbai Airport For International Travel
If you are coming to Mumbai airport on an international flight, these are the quarantine rules you need to follow:
- Passengers landing at the Mumbai airport on a Vande Bharat flight with no further air connectivity will have to undergo institutional quarantine for seven days after exiting the airport. Also, they must stay at home quarantine for another seven days.
- Those landing at the airport on international flights other than Vande Bharat with no further air connectivity will have to undergo both institutional quarantine and home quarantine, each for seven days.
- If you’re reaching the Mumbai airport via Vande Bharat flight and want to travel to your respective states via road, you will have to undergo both institutional and home quarantine rules, as technically you will be leaving the airport.
- For people arriving at the airport on international flights other than Vande Bharat with further air connectivity, the quarantine rule of the destination state will apply.
All travellers reaching the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai must have the Aarogya Setu app on their phones. They will also need to submit a self-declaration form on arrival. People visiting Mumbai for less than seven days will need to share the details of their further journeys with the authorities. Also, before leaving the airport, every passenger will undergo a temperature check. On that note, here’s a first-hand experience of travel via flight from Mumbai to Delhi amid the pandemic.