The Delhi airport authorities are taking all the necessary steps to speed up security checks by the month of September. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will install 10 Automatic Tray Retrieval Systems (ATRS) inside the airport. According to Airport Technology, “ATRS is a roller-based system that returns the baggage trays to the starting point after passengers collect their belongings.” This mechanism will make security checks faster within the airport premises. Delhi airport will also open India’s first general aviation terminal for private jets soon.
Delhi Airport To Set Up 10 Automatic Tray Retrieval Systems To Make Security Checks Faster
The new security check system would need less human involvement in putting back the trays at the initial places. This will enable the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) staff to frisk nearly double the number of passengers. At present, the CISF personnel at the Delhi airport manually frisk 180 to 200 travellers each hour. After the installation of the new system, the numbers might increase to about 350 passengers, as per reports. Also, the ATRS mechanism will reduce the hassles of waiting to get the trays from other passengers in the long queue. Each tray will have radio-frequency identification tags and will be put under CCTV surveillance.
DIAL has issued a statement informing that the authorities are installing 10 ATRS in the Terminal 3 domestic area. They will be installed eventually in other terminals as well. The Terminal 3 domestic zone will have 10 lanes and the international zone will have 12 lanes. There will be 24 lanes in Terminal 1.
Mandatory Quarantine For Asymptomatic Passengers Coming To Delhi
As per the announcement of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA), all asymptomatic passengers coming to Delhi by flights, trains or buses have to quarantine themselves. The district magistrates will also ensure that the passengers living within their jurisdiction properly follow the quarantine guidelines. Symptomatic travellers will be taken to the nearby health facilities to be assessed for clinical severity. The government authorities have designated a list of hospitals for the airport, railway stations and bus terminals for travellers with symptoms.
The Vande Bharat Mission is entering its fourth phase and the domestic flights capacity has increased to 45 percent. Many people have resumed travelling, but there are still confusions among them on the details of quarantine, on arriving and departing from Delhi’s IGI International Airport. So here are the updated quarantine rules you need to know if you arrive in Delhi.
Quarantine Norms To Be Followed After Arriving At The Delhi Airport On International Flights
If you are coming to Delhi airport on international flights, these are the quarantine rules you need to follow:
- On coming to Delhi on a Vande Bharat Mission flight from a foreign country and exiting the airport, you need to undergo an institutional quarantine of 7 days and home quarantine of 7 days.
- After landing at the Delhi airport, if you’re taking a connecting flight to any other place in India without leaving the airport, the quarantine norms of destination state will be applied after final landing.
- In case you’re coming to Delhi on an international flight, other than the Vande Bharat Mission flights and planning to exit the airport, you need to undergo an institutional quarantine of 7 days and home quarantine of 7 days.
- If you’re arriving in India on an international flight which is not part of Vande Bharat Mission and coming to Delhi airport via a connecting flight, you need to undergo an institutional quarantine of 7 days.
- If you’re reaching the Delhi airport via Vande Bharat flight and want to travel to your respective states via road, the quarantine rules of the states will apply. In that case, you need to undergo an institutional quarantine of 7 days and home quarantine of 7 days.
Quarantine Norms To Be Followed After Arriving At The Delhi Airport On Domestic Flights
If you are coming to Delhi airport on domestic flights, these are the quarantine rules you need to follow:
- On arriving Delhi on a domestic flight, you need to undergo a home quarantine of 7 Days.
- On arriving Delhi on a domestic flight with further air connection ( both domestic and international), no quarantine rules will apply at Delhi.
- In case you’re reaching the Delhi airport via domestic flight and want to travel to your respective states via road, the quarantine rules of the states will apply. In that case, you need to undergo a home quarantine of 7 days.
- For people who are coming to Delhi from outside and living in Delhi-NCR, the state government allow travel to destinations like Gurgaon and Noida and the travellers will have to follow the respective state government rules.
For more details on the above, you can refer to this tweet by the Delhi Airport:
— Delhi Airport (@DelhiAirport) July 6, 2020
The total number of confirmed cases in Delhi is now about 114,000 with around 3411 deaths. In case any of your family members is coming from another state, city or country now, inform them about the updated rules right away. On that note, here’s a peek into flying amid the ‘new normal’ with Vistara COO, Mr. Vinod Kannan: