It is always a sweet delight to gorge on dishes made with jaggery. Be it any breakfast item or any dessert, relishing the deliciousness of jaggery is always a heavenly experience. Have you ever tried roti made with gud? It is a very famous delicacy enjoyed in many Indian households, especially in the winter season. Fresh jaggery and ghee oozing out of your stuffed roti simply melt in your mouth. One such special recipe is Sindhi Gurari and sweet lovers are a huge fan of this stuffed flatbread.
Do You Know About Sindhi Gurari?
This is an authentic sweet gud ki roti massively famous among the Sindhis. Many Indians from different parts of the country make sure to indulge in the sweet treat of Sindhi Gurari. The popularity of this stuffed dish is huge among the people of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, New Delhi, and Rajasthan.
Also read: How To Make Jaggery Tea At Home This Winter
How To Make This Traditional Dish At Home?
Food blogger Sagar Kumar took to his Instagram account @sagarskitchenofficial to share a recipe for the heavenly Sindhi Gurari. The best part is that the recipe is easy-to-make, simple, and even beginners can make it at home.
View this post on Instagram
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- 100-150 ml Water
- 3-4 tsp Jaggery Powder
- Dry nuts such as almonds, cashews, and pistachios
- To make a dough, take a bowl and add wheat flour, salt, 1 tsp ghee, and water. Knead everything well for the dough.
- In the next step, divide it into two halves.
- Take a rolling board and sprinkle some wheat flour on it and make a round roti.
- Add a layer of some ghee on one side of it.
- Then fold the roti and transform it into a dough ball.
- Then roll it once again and make a roti.
- Now pour the jaggery powder and different types of chopped nuts on half of the roti. Cover the mixture with the other half.
- Press the sides gently. To seal the ends well, take a fork and press lightly on the borders. Make sure to follow the step on both sides.
- Now take a tawa and heat some ghee on it.
- Put the stuffed ghee roti on the pan and cook both sides well for about 6-7 minutes.
- Sindhi Gurari is ready to be served!
Now that you know the easy recipe to make the delicious Sindhi Gurari easily at home, when are you making this delicacy?
Cover Image Courtesy: Instagram/ Sagar Kumar (@sagarskitchenofficial)