No matter how many times you have travelled on a flight, even a frequent flyer’s heart might skip a beat when their plane encounters turbulence. This sudden hit is obvious to bring panic and uneasiness among passengers. Recently SpiceJet aircrafts faced panic amid turbulence with cabin luggage falling on the heads of passengers. But here are some tips you can follow when your flight faces turbulence.
Unpredictable Weather Phenomenon
An abrupt change in air pressure and velocity that affects an aircraft is called turbulence. Turbulence occurs when air is agitated by currents and eddies. As minor as a few annoying bumps or as severe as to cause a sudden loss of control or structural damage to an aeroplane is how turbulence varies.
Tips To Follow During Turbulence
- Make sure to pay attention to the safety briefing at the beginning of the journey.
- Breathe and do not panic. Panic will only worsen the situation for you so, stay calm.
- Listen to the flight attendants and follow. If they ask you to fasten seatbelts, do so.
- Tuck any loose items around you so that you or the person sitting next to you don’t get hurt.
- Remember that the pilots have been trained well to deal with situations like this and will make sure of a safe landing.
- Try distracting yourself with a book or listening to some songs or talking to the person sitting next to you.
- Offer help to senior citizens or children around in ways like helping them stay calm.