What Is The UAE Golden Visa? The Golden Visa system is a long-term residency (5 and 10 years) for an added security. Through the issuance of the Golden Visa, the UAE government has made it clear that they are committed to providing expatriates, investors and essentially everyone looking to make the UAE their home an extra reason to feel secure about their future. The golden visa is given to people belonging to the group of:
- Individuals with outstanding talents
- Medical professionals
- People in the scientific and academic fields
- Remarkable students
How Can I Apply For The Visa?
You can apply for the visa through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship — ICA (the Channel for residency and citizenship), or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) which works under the ministry. While ICA offers only online channels, GDRFA offers both online and offline channels.
The process is quite straightforward with candidates required to submit the necessary documents and be willing to relocate to the UAE in accordance with their business venture.
35 celebrities who have received the UAE’s golden visahttps://t.co/T8BaOFoskN
— The National (@TheNationalNews) November 6, 2021
Also Read: 6 Reasons Why Your UAE Visa Can Be Rejected
Who Are Eligible To Apply?
- For the 10-year visa, investors having no less than AED 10 million worth of public investment, either in the form of an investment fund or a company, can apply. However, at least 60 per cent of the total investment must not be in the form of real estate and the invested amount must not be loaned, or in case of assets, investors must assume full ownership.
- The investor must be able to retain the investment for a minimum of three years as well. This 10-year long visa may be extended to include business partners, providing that each partner contributes AED 10 million. The long-term visa can also include the holder’s spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor.
- Besides entrepreneurs, individuals with specialised talent can also apply for the visa. They include doctors, researchers, scientists, investors and artists.
- These individuals may be granted a 10-year visa following accreditations granted by their respective departments and fields and the visa will also be extended to their spouses and children.
- For the 5-year visa, the norms are largely similar for investors with the only difference being the amount of investment required is set at AED 5 million.
- Exceptional high school and university students are eligible for a 5-year residency visa in the UAE. High school students who rank top in the country (a minimum grade of 95 per cent) and students from certain universities with a GPA of 3.75 or higher upon graduation.
- Foreign nationals who are looking to set up their business in the UAE may also apply for permanent residency (5 years) through the Golden Business Visa scheme.
UAE: Expats Can Stay 3 Times Longer in Dubai Thanks to Golden Visa https://t.co/9hA5VZD5vg
— AfricaZine (@ZineAfrica) November 6, 2021