What better than adding a delicious chocolate cake to the lavish food spread this holiday season? You might have watched the viral video of the Kapoor family enjoying a grand Christmas brunch and Ranbir Kapoor lighting a chocolaty cake. Well, you too can bake a Chocolate Whiskey Flambe Cake at home and serve it to your guests at your next house party.
We Are Hangry Seeing The Appetising Cake
Chef Sneha Singhi Upadhaya shared a simple recipe to bake the mouth-watering rich and moist cake.
View this post on Instagram
Many videos of Ranbir lighting up a cake loaded with chocolate and brandy are making rounds on social media. Netizens are quite interested to know about the delectable dessert and how to bake it. Well, Chef Sneha Singhi Upadhaya has made our job simpler by uploading an easy recipe tutorial to prepare this deliciousness at home.
Taking to the caption of the reel, she shared how she used whiskey to prepare the cake. Though it looks like Ranbir poured brandy over the cake, she replaced it with whiskey as it is not Christmas anymore and she wanted to go for something yummy and loaded with chocolate.
With grand parties of New Year’s Eve and New Year coming up in just a couple of days, this cake looks like the perfect addition to the grand feast.
Here’s The Recipe To Bake Chocolate Whiskey Flambe Cake:
- 200g Sugar
- 220g Milk
- 15g Vinegar
- 6tbsp Oil
- Some Vanilla
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 210g Flour (Maida)
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 150g Cream
Instead of using whiskey, you can even use brandy, cognac, rum, vodka, or other options having alcohol content higher than 40 per cent.
- Take a bowl and add sugar, milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Whisk all the ingredients perfectly and make sure that there are no lumps in the cake batter.
- Take a cake mould and line it with oil and parchment paper. Pour the batter and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 180°C.
- While the cake gets baked in the oven, take a separate bowl add dark chocolate and cream, and mix to get a smooth paste.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool down and then demould.
- Garnish the cake with the yummy chocolate ganache.
- Right before serving, take the chocolate cake out of the fridge, pour some whisky or any other alcohol, and flambe it up.
Are you ready to bake this delish Chocolate Whiskey Flambe Cake this holiday season?
Cover Image Courtesy: Instagram/ Sneha Singhi Upadhaya (@snehasinghi1)
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.