Do you sit back and just think how incredible India as a nation is? We are blessed to live in a country where people from different religions live together in harmony even when we are the world’s second highest population. One of the things that bring us all together is the delicious food. We just love eating and each city in India has a few special dishes that are just lip-smackingly beautiful! And when it comes to food, let’s not leave the streets of India behind, aren’t the just the best way to explore the city? Let’s take a look at some of the famous street food on Indian streets!
Also Read: 10 Cheesiest Dishes In Mumbai
1. Mumbai – Hey, I am a Mumbaikar so I am going to hype my city and always going to love the food here. If you are from Mumbai, you would be aware of Vada Pav the most beloved street food here. The second most beloved food here is Pav Bhaji topped with a good slab of Amul Butter and sprinkled with coriander and chopped onion. I must tell you the best place to eat Pav Bhaji in Mumbai is Sardar Pav Bhaji at Grant Road. You will not regret this one! Pani Puri, Chaat and Dosas are next in line and the innovation with the street food is the best thing that Mumbai can ask for!!
Now, that it is Monsoon don’t miss out on Kanda Bhaji with spicy chilly.
Also Read: 5 Best Street Foods Of Mumbai In 2018
2. Delhi – Delhi’s street offers a variety of delicious dishes and you can’t get enough of them! Chandani Chowk is the best area to taste all the amazing street food in Delhi. Right from Chole Kulche, Ram Laddo and Gol Gappe, Chole Bhature, Raj Kachori and Dilli Ka Chaat, it is never-ending. They have so much variety and all of them are straight up amazing! And if you think I am just listing out vegetarian dishes and not giving enough credit to non-veg dishes, then you are wrong. The most loved non-veg street food is Kebabs and Butter Chicken, they are a must have when in Delhi. My personal favourite is Soya Chaap and Aloo Tikkis!
Also Read: 5 Of Delhi’s Most Popular Street Foods
Also Read: The Old Delhi Food Festival Is Back With Kebabs, Chaat And Lots More At Ansal Plaza This Weekend
3. Lucknow – Lucknow is the place to be if you are a foodie and prefer non-veg food. The Tunday Kebabs here are unbelievably delicious and you will find the best ones at Tunday Kebabi. Tunday is the most famous street food and they are made out of finely chopped meat and are shallowly fried and served with rumali roti, green chutney and onions. Do not miss out on this one if you are in Lucknow. Chaat is another favourite of street food in Lucknow and the best place to eat Tokri Chaat is at Royal Hutt in Hazrat Gunj. It may sound weird to some, but Circular Samosas along with Chai is the best combination you will find in Lucknow.
Also Read: Top 10 Delicacies To Try In Lucknow
Also Read: 6 Iconic Food Spots You Can’t-Miss In Lucknow
4. Hyderabad – Now, I want to keep Biryani for the last and explore some more dishes at the streets of Hyderabad. Here Toli Chowki is very popular during Ramadan and serves the best Haleem. It is not only loved by people in Hyderabad but people from different part of the country come here to taste this. Pita House serves the best Haleem and one must not miss out on that if you visit Hyderabad. The veg delicacies in Hyderabad are no less, the dosas at Govind Bandi are loaded with butter are absolutely delicious. No one should miss out going to Charminar when in Hyderabad, try the best Irani Chai that is served with biscuits, my very personal favourite. How can I miss out on Biryani? Chicken Biryani and Mutton Biryani are the two most beloved food. They are served with Salan which enhances the taste and makes it even more delicious.
Also Read: 8 Places In Hyderabad That Serve The Best Ramadan Food
Also Read: Get Utterly Butterly Dosas at Govind Ki Bandi In Hyderabad
5. Bangalore- V V Puram in Bangalore is one of the most celebrated streets as it is the one filled with street food! Here you will find the best South Indian food and some amazing Pav Bhaji and Rumali Roti with Chole Ke Sabzi! And in non-veg, Kebabs at Charminar Kebab Paradise are absolute bliss. They also serve a variety of Kebab like Peri Peri Chicken, Chicken Garlic and lot more. Bangalore also serves some delicious Tawa Shawarmas, Haleem, Bheja Masala and the very famous Paya Soup at Sharief Bhai. Here is a video that will help you more non-veg food items at Frazer Town in Bengaluru.
Also Read: Unwind At The Yogisthaan Cafe In Bangalore
Also Read: This Newly Opened 24 Hrs Bakery In Bangalore Serves Gin & Tonic Cheesecake
I am sure this will make you crave for some delicious food street food!