As the country is fighting the harrowing second wave of COVID-19, boosting the body immunity is extremely important for all of us. While many people are already having immunity-boosting kadhas and vitamins at home, the Centre has now issued a list of foods that will help one in shielding the body against infections and ailments. The diet suggested by the Government of India includes turmeric milk, walnuts, almonds, fruits, vegetables and even dark chocolates. Read on to know more.
Turmeric Milk, Almonds Among General Measures For Boosting Immunity
MyGovIndia has recently shared a post on Twitter that states, “Are you looking for natural ways to boost your immunity? We’ve got you covered! Here are few general measures which you can follow to boost your immunity organically amidst #COVID19. #StayHomeStaySafe.” The general measures include the following:
- The main focus for COVID patients is to consume foods that would help rebuild muscle, immunity and energy levels
- Whole grains like ragi, oats and amaranth are advised
- Good sources of protein such as chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts and seeds recommended
- Healthy fats like almonds, olive oil, mustard oil recommended
- Regular physical activity ( yoga) and breathing exercise advised ( pranayam), as per tolerance
- 5 servings of coloured fruits and vegetables to get adequate vitamins and minerals recommended
- Small amounts of dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa to get rid of anxiety
- Take turmeric milk once a day to boost immunity
- Most COVID patients experience loss of smell and taste or difficulty in swallowing; it is important to eat soft foods at small intervals and to add amchoor in the food
Are you looking for natural ways to boost your immunity?
We’ve got you covered!
Here’s few general measures which you can follow to boost your immunity organically amidst #COVID19. #StayHomeStaySafe#IndiaFightsCorona @MoHFW_INDIA @MIB_India @PIB_India pic.twitter.com/KfKk2pLyeL
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 6, 2021
Home Chefs Across The Country Are Delivering Meals To COVID Patients In Quarantine
Home chefs across the country are cooking healthy meals now for COVID affected patients. Many establishments are delivering home-style food in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai and more. Chef Saransh Goila has also set up a platform to assist patients with COVID meals. Gurudwaras have also started home delivery of langar food to the infected patients.
Along with a healthy diet, ensure to have a sound sleep every night. Continue wearing your masks. Stay safe.